Do you want God’s favor? How do you get HIS favor?
Remember in school how your favorite teacher would give you favor? The teacher would invite you to the front of the line. You didn’t deserve to be first in line, yet the teacher allowed you to be first.
Here’s a challenge: try to find five ways to gain the favor of God in the following verses in Proverbs 8.
32 “Now then, my sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it.
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.
35 For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD.
36 But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.”
Here are five ways to gain the favor of God found in these verses:
- Listen to HIS voice. HE speaks through HIS word, prayer, other people and HIS Spirit.
- Keep HIS ways and know HIS ways. Knowing HIS ways is knowing the Word of God. The Word of God is a lamp unto your feet. How can you know HIS ways without reading HIS instruction book – the Bible?
- Be obedient. Listen to HIS instruction and follow what you hear. A wise man is a person who hears the Word of God and puts it into practice.
- Watch daily for HIM in all of your life. Seek God each day and you will find HIM.
- Wait for HIM in every situation. HE wants to teach you and show you the WAY.
Whoever finds ME finds life and receives favor from ME. Jesus said HE is the Way, Truth and Life. When you find Christ Jesus not only do you receive eternal life, you receive favor from the Lord.
This is not a guarantee that everything will be easy. Joseph wore his coat of many colors representing HIS Favor with God. He still went through the pit and prison experience before being lifted up to the palace. The favor of God was with Joseph in the pit of betrayal by his family. The favor of God was with him in prison. The favor of God was with Joseph in the palace. The favor of God does not change because of your circumstance. The pit and prison is a time of testing your faithfulness. Can you handle greater responsibility in the Kingdom of God? Are you still complaining in the pit and prison of your circumstance or are you praising God and thanking HIM for all HIS provision and blessing no matter the circumstance?
You do not earn God’s favor. The favor of God is a gift given to you as a dearly loved son and daughter of God. Put on the coat of many colors and wear the favor of God today.
Copyright © 2015 Glenn Repple ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
G.A. Repple Company Rex Robert H. DBSI Doing Business Social IntegrityG.A. Repple & Company Securities Claim God’s Law