Here are the facts
These are the facts of Christ “RAISING TO LIFE” found in 1 Corinthians 15:3-10.
- For I (Paul a persecutor of Christians) passed on to you first of all what I also had received,
- that Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) died for our sins in accordance with [what] the Scriptures [foretold],
- That He was buried,
- that He arose on the third day
- as the Scriptures foretold,
- And [also] that He appeared to Cephas (Peter),
- then to the Twelve.
- Then later He showed Himself to more than five hundred brethren
- at one time,
- the majority of whom are still alive, but some have fallen asleep [in death].
- Afterward He was seen by James,
- then by all the apostles (the special messengers),
- And last of all He appeared to me also, as to one prematurely and born dead [no better than an unperfected fetus among living men].
In this last fact Paul is changed and redeemed, as a witness to the “RAISED LIFE OF CHRIST JESUS.”
For I am the least [worthy] of the apostles, who am not fit or deserving to be called an apostle, because I once wronged and pursued and molested the church of God [oppressing it with cruelty and violence].
But by the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not [found to be] for nothing (fruitless and without effect). In fact, I worked harder than all of them [the apostles], though it was not really I, but the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God which was with me.
Your faith is based upon the facts of the scriptures prophesying the coming of Christ, the death of Christ, and the resurrection of Christ. Your faith is based upon hundreds of eyewitnesses to the fact that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead and is alive. And the most telling fact is the changed lives of so many people who have repented of their sin and became followers of Christ.
Your faith in the resurrected Christ is based upon fact, not feeling.
Copyright © 2015 Glenn Repple ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
G.A. Repple Company Rex Robert H. DBSI Doing Business Social IntegrityG.A. Repple & Company Securities Claim God’s Law