Slow of heart to believe.
After the death of Jesus and on the first day of Christ being in HIS RESURRECTED BODY, the disciples were in despair, downcast, disappointed, depressed and dejected.
Are you aware that Jesus called the disciples “O foolish ones and slow of heart to believe”?
The disciples were disappointed that their Nation of Israel was not going to be set free. They were downcast because their leader was dead yet women were reporting to them that HE was not in the tomb but alive. They were depressed with despair in disbelief. The resurrected Christ, without the disciples recognizing HIM, calls them “O foolish ones and slow of heart to believe” because they did not trust HIS Word while HE was with them. They did not trust the Scriptures of the Prophets telling of HIS death and resurrection.
- 21 But we were hoping that it was He Who would redeem and set Israel free. Yes, and besides all this, it is now the third day since these things occurred.
- 22 And moreover, some women of our company astounded us and drove us out of our senses. They were at the tomb early [in the morning]
- 23 But did not find His body; and they returned saying that they had [even] seen a vision of angels, who said that He was alive!
- 24 So some of those [who were] with us went to the tomb and they found it just as the women had said, but Him they did not see.
- 25 And [Jesus] said to them, O foolish ones [sluggish in mind, dull of perception] and slow of heart to believe (adhere to and trust in and rely on) everything that the prophets have spoken! Luke 24:21-25 AMP
The disciples, even though they had been with Jesus for three years, were slow to believe. HE had told them HIS KINGDOM was not of this world. HE had told them HE would return and establish HIS KINGDOM. The Prophets and scripture had told of Jesus’ death on the cross and resurrection, yet the disciples were slow of mind and sound reasoning to BELIEVE.
The disciples knew of the Israel’s deliverance out of Egypt by the Passover Lamb. They knew about how they were provided for in the wilderness. They had heard and read of the acts of God but still did not believe and trust that Jesus was going to rise from the dead.
Are you like the disciples, looking for a National Leader, or are you looking for the Resurrected Savior, Lord, Redeemer, Deliverer, King of Kings which will rule the Universe in HIS KINGDOM?
Copyright © 2014 Glenn Repple ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
G.A. Repple Company Rex Robert H. DBSI Doing Business Social IntegrityG.A. Repple & Company Securities Claim God’s Law