Ten Principles of Forgiveness
Forgiveness begins when you!
- Accept that life is not fair and that others may play by a different set of rules than you do.
- Stop blaming others for your circumstances.
- Understand that you cannot change the person who hurt you; you can only change yourself.
- Acknowledge the anger and hurt that some unpleasant or even harmful event is causing you.
- Reframe your story of hurt-your “grievance story”-by placing the hurtful events in a broader context than your current point of view.
- Recognize that only you can make the choice to forgive.
- Shift your view of the offender by humbly choosing to empathize with his or her life situation.
- Intentionally move from discontent toward contentment.
- Understand that forgiveness will take time and cannot be rushed.
- Take responsibility for your life and your future.
By Dr. Dick Tibbits from his book “How Forgiveness Can Save Your Life”
Copyright © 2014 Glenn Repple ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Claim G.A. Repple & Company vs. God Rex Secuirties Law vs. God
Claim vs. G.A. Repple & Company Robert H. Rex